BESS Commissioning Support
Fractal can serve as a technical adviser on behalf of the owner, EPC or developer for an ESS project throughout the hot and cold commissioning process to ensure design and performance adequacy.
SAT AND ENERGIZATION WITNESS AND VERIFICATION
Fractal verifies that Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) for the ESS is performed in accordance with the site commissioning plan and meets or exceeds all industry standards.
|Demo Safety, Operations and Control Functionality||Witness and Review Test Procedures|
- Perform a third-party walk-through and inspection of all installed equipment listed in the Site Acceptance Test Plan
- Review contractor’s installation report
- Evaluate the systems’ abilities to meet the operating and technical requirements of the applicable operating agreements
- Identify areas of concern
COMMISSIONING AND PERFORMANCE TESTING
Fractal can verify (and troubleshoot) performance and compliance with intended use including ISO qualification and testing including vendor specific commissioning requirements.
- Attend, witness and certify the commissioning process and performance tests to verify the ESS performance and capabilities meet technical requirements
- Review unit and component start up test results to verify the ESS was assembled correctly
- Review and verify system design and performance compliance
- Confirm that all performance tests were conducted and meet the specifications of the Contractor Agreement and performance test standards
- Provide a signed completion certificate confirming successful completion of the performance tests and achievement of commercial operations
Fractal will perform annual project capacity testing to include (may vary with project as specified in contract exhibits):
- Remote Power Setpoint Tracking: Demonstrate the ESS capability to follow remote active and reactive power setpoints. This test will be performed one each individual BESS.
- Capability Tests: Demonstrate the ESS capability to ramp to the minimum and maximum active and reactive power values.
- Round-Trip Efficiency and Capacity Test: Demonstrate the round-trip efficiency and capacity of the BESS at the POI.
- Data Resolution Test: Demonstrate the BESS Control System capability to independently detect and record power system grid frequency with a specific resolution and recording rate